PLEASE NOTE: DEGS does not currently have an active Juniors program. Juniors interested in competitive shooting may attend any of our standard matches--we will provide materials and coaching to get you rolling. Coaches interested in starting and running a Juniors program are encouraged to contact us.
- DEGS JR’s matches are open to the public; DEGS membership is not required for participation. Shooters must be between the ages of 11-17 and complete our rifle safety and marksmanship course. Our match is the CMP rimfire-sporter match, shot with iron sights only.
- Loaner rifles, spotting scopes, and shooting mats for participants are available. .22 ammunition and targets provided for the match. Bring your .22 detachable magazine rifles to shoot in the matches.
- The matches are shot from 50 yards and 25 yards. The course of fire is: Sighting Stage, shooter has 10 minutes to shoot and sight in the rifle. Prone Stage, shooter has ten minutes to fire ten shots in prone position for score. Prone Rapid Fire Stage, shooter has thirty seconds to shoot five shots. Then one minute to reload the magazine. Then thirty seconds to shoot the next five shots. Sitting / Kneeling Stage, shooter has ten minutes to shoot ten shots in the sitting or kneeling position. Sitting Rapid Fire Stage, shooter has thirty seconds to shoot five shots while sitting or kneeling. Then one minute to reload the magazine. Then thirty seconds to shoot the next five shots. Standing Stage, shooters move their gear to the twenty five yard firing line. They shoot ten shots in ten minutes while standing. Standing Rapid Fire Stage, shooters shoot five shots in thirty seconds. Then one minute to reload the magazine. Then five more shots in thirty seconds for score.
- Total possible points are six hundred points.
- High scorers will be awarded gold, silver and bronze medals.
Paradise Hunting Preserve, 3993 Bill Adams Road, Grimesland, NC 27837.
For more information, please contact us.